When it comes to buying a vehicle, it’s one of the biggest and most important investments you’ll ever make. Ford is one of the nation’s oldest and well-known auto manufacturers, and many people love them for their affordability and familiarity. Before you decide if buying a Ford is right for you, take a look at a few pros and cons that will help you make the right decision.
The Pros of Buying a Ford
Here are some positive things about Ford that could help you determine if they’re right for you:
- Family-focused: Ford has been dedicated to helping families get an affordable vehicle for decades. Once you purchase one, you become part of the Ford family which creates a sense of community and belonging.
- Variety: Whether you’re considering a truck, sedan, or sports car, Ford offers a wide range of models to choose from. If you’re in the market for a new car, this brand offers plenty of different styles for all types of drivers.
- Safety ratings: Ford works hard to ensure that their vehicles are safe and can keep you protected should a crash occur. And while they’re generally safe, you should always check the current safety rating of the car you’re interested in.
- Performance and technology: Whether it’s the powerful Mustang or the F150, Ford drivers certainly appreciate their power and handling. And when it comes to new technology, many Ford models now offer an assortment of cool features including onboard entertainment and driver assistance.
The Cons of Buying a Ford
Read on for a few downsides of buying Ford:
- Reliability: It’s long been said that Ford isn’t exactly known for its reliability. In fact, some vehicles like the Ford Focus and Fiesta have scored consistently low on the reliability scale. Do your research before choosing a specific model.
- Reputation: With the increase of Japanese and import vehicles growing in popularity, Ford has become a sort of anomaly in the automotive world. And with plants shutting down, it’s still struggling to maintain a good reputation, which makes it undesirable to some buyers.
- Maintenance: Many Ford owners complain that their vehicle requires much more maintenance, and at more frequent intervals than other makers. It may be best to purchase new if you’re considering a Ford just to ensure you are getting a good warranty and less worry about repair and service costs.
For all your vehicle’s repair and maintenance needs, call Mark’s Auto Service in Rockford or Loves Park.